Ella Lee Forest participates in the Houston Police Department sponsored program called Citizen Patrol which helps to organize, train and equip the community to better protect their neighborhoods. Although we enjoy relatively low incident of crime, we still recognize the power in organizing to keep our neighborhood safe and prevent crime that may otherwise occur.
The goals of the Citizen Patrol program are:
- To provide an effective method of discouraging neighborhood crimes and “decline.”
- To promote a friendly and safer neighborhood environment while respecting the privacy and rights of all citizens.
- To encourage awareness and provide improved communication among neighbors.
- To upgrade the quality of life and property values in the area.
For more information about this program see the HPD Citizen Patrol Brochure.
How to Get Involved
We are always looking for help! If you would like to volunteer with the ELF Citizen Patrol program, you need to fill out an application, attend an hour long training session, and patrol at least 2 hours each month. Contact the group coordinator at email@example.com for more information.
- Houston Police Department Non-Emergency Line - (713) 884-3131
- Burglary Prevention for your Home - a brochure produced by HPD.
- Burglarary of a Motor Vehicle - a brochure produced by HPD.
- Area Crime Map - recently reported crime statistics in the area
- HPD Alert Slip - request increased patrols for a prowler, speeding vehicle, excessive burglaries and/or theft, being on vacation, or for other reasons of concern
- Oak Forest Citizen Patrol Forum - frequently updated reports of crime activity in a nearby neighborhood
- City of Houston Crime Information
- HPD Citizen Patrol Website
- HPD Citizen Patrol Brochure - more information about the HPD program
- Report Light Outage - CenterPoint link to report street light outages (reference the ELF Street Light Map when reporting)